Pulford Community Living Services is a not-for-profit community-based organization that provides housing and support to persons with developmental disabilities. We at Pulford encourage and facilitate the individual’s ability to live and grow in ways that the individual sees fit to the greatest possible extent.
We are currently seeking a part-time flexible Direct Support Professionals to provide responsive, person-centred care services to adults at an excellent standard. Under the direction of the Program Supervisor and within the limits of the approved policies and procedures of Pulford Community Living Services, assist and support with the day-to-day living, operations of housing and programs for the benefit, support and well-being of individuals with developmental disabilities. As a Direct Support Professional at Pulford, you must be a committed, consistent, nurturing individual to maintain the rights and freedoms of those supported by Pulford.
What will you be doing:
- Supporting individual(s) with their person-centred planning process and encouraging/assisting each individual in participating in daily activities and in making informed choices/decisions in their personal life.
- Play an active role in providing individual(s) opportunities to grow relationships and teach and assist the individual(s) in developing positive social interactions.
- Be an advocate for justice, inclusion, and full community participation on behalf of vulnerable persons; help the individual(s) understand their rights.
- Ensure individual’s emotional, physical, spiritual and medical needs are met when required.
- Maintain positive and effective communication.
- Be caring, compassionate, patient, respectful and understanding.
- Ensure completion and secure storage of records and documentation following Agency policies and procedures and the Department of Families requirements.
- Participate in staff meetings and professional development, assist in the training of new staff, follow policies and procedures of the organization, and maintain confidentiality.
- Assist the individuals with the management of their funds on a day-to-day basis.
- Ensuring the home and appliances/equipment inside the home are maintained well, following fire safety regulations, ensuring the food is handled safely and stored properly, minimizing any risks, and reporting and responding to unsafe conditions.
What are you bringing:
- Experience with supporting individual(s) with developmental disabilities is an asset.
- Valid First Aid/CPR Certificate
- Clear Criminal Record Check with the Vulnerable Sector, Adult Abuse Registry Check, and Child Abuse Registry Check within the last three months.
- Valid Driver’s License and access to a reliable vehicle is an asset.
- NVCI (Non-Violent Crisis Intervention) Training Certification is an asset.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and oral), organizational skills, and the ability to work effectively in a team and minimal supervision are required.
- Flexibility in availability
What we offer:
- Casual dress
- Flexible schedule
- Health care benefits
- Pension Plan
- Other perks
Interested? Apply now!
We thank all applicants for showing interest in joining Pulford; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.