Pulford Community Living Services Inc. is continuously growing and creating exciting opportunities for enthusiastic, motivated professionals in the social services field. We have been in operation since 1986 and are a not for profit charitable organization that provides individualized support services for those living with an intellectual disability. If you are looking for an opportunity to work in a progressive agency with a positive team and a collaborative approach, we would like to hear from you.
As the Talent Acquisition Specialist, you will be working in a fast-paced environment, overseeing the recruitment process from beginning to end. Ideally, you will have broad knowledge of HR best practices, have very strong communication skills, and effective headhunting abilities. You will have extensive experience with the entire process of sourcing, on-boarding, scheduling and conducting phone, virtual and in-person interviews, collecting new hire documentation, delivering new employee orientations, and working with an Applicant Tracking System. Ultimately, you will play an integral role in building a strong employer brand for our agency that ensures we attract, hire and retain the most qualified people. The role will report to Manager of People, Quality and Culture.
Responsibilities and Job Duties:
- Developing recruitment strategies that will attract and retain qualified and suitable candidates
- Partnering with management to discover staffing requirements, job objectives, fit
- Posting jobs on various media platforms
- Leading/managing the full cycle of recruitment; Screen resumes, perform interviews and reference checks
- Preparing, collecting and managing new hire documentation, including job offers
- Acting as a liaison with local colleges, assisting in facilitating practicums, internships, participating in job fairs
- Maintaining a robust candidate inventory
- Completing/distributing reports on new hires, job requirements, vacancies and training
- Staying current with the agencies policies and Provincial laws regarding employment practices
- Data entry with HRIS and databases, managing electronic files
- Demonstrating adherence to Pulfords’ Mission, Vision and Values
- Continually practicing privacy and confidentiality in all job areas
Other duties may include:
- Assisting with the administration of the various human resources programs
- Basic administrative duties, filing, copying and managing HR required supplies
- Other duties as required
- Completed Post-secondary education from an accredited school in Human Resources or related field. A combination of formal education and experience may be considered
- Two or more years’ experience in a recruitment role is preferred, related field also preferred
- Must be an effective communicator, have exceptional interpersonal skills, written and oral
- Must be a self-starter, with superior time management skills
- Should have intermediate technical skills; demonstrate proficiency in MS Word, Outlook and Excel, PPT
- Must be resourceful and be able to work independently at problem-solving
- Must be reliable, flexible and adaptable to change
Pulford Community Living Services Inc. offers an empowering professional environment in a culture that fosters teamwork, independence, shared responsibility for company and service success and personal growth. We offer a competitive salary, along with an extensive employee benefit plan, and a comprehensive Pension Plan. In addition, employees are eligible for tuition reimbursement, and our employee referral incentive program.
How to Apply:
Submit your resume and cover letter with your salary expectations. You can apply here, online at www.pulford.ca, or send your resume and cover letter, attention to: Manager of People, Quality and Culture to email@example.com.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those identified for further consideration will be contacted.