Pulford Community Living Services is a not-for-profit community-based organization that provides housing and support to persons with developmental disabilities. We at Pulford encourage and facilitate the individual’s ability to live and grow in ways that the individual sees fit to the greatest possible extent.
We are currently seeking a Program Supervisor that will be responsible for overseeing the everyday operations of multiple locations and for training and supervising employees. Reporting to the Program Coordinator, the Program Supervisor works collaboratively with the Program Coordinator and P&C team to ensure each location operates according to Pulford’s Mission, Vision and Values. The Program Supervisor also makes certain that individuals are given all needed supports to help them live as independently as possible, maintain optimal health and are given sufficient opportunities to engage in their desired activities and interests at home and in the community.
What will you be doing:
- Be involved in the developing, implementing, and monitoring of individual support plans along with maintaining positive relationships with other agencies or programs.
- Play an active role in providing individual(s) opportunities to grow relationships, as well as teaching and assisting the individual(s) in developing interpersonal skills.
- Provides opportunities for individual(s) to participate in their community.
- Be an advocate for justice, inclusion, and full community participation on behalf of vulnerable persons; help the individual(s) understand their rights.
- Ensure individual’s emotional, physical, spiritual and medical needs are met.
- Supervising, building, and maintaining a positive work team; providing feedback on performance and identifying and fixing performance issues.
- Handles recruitment responsibilities such as conducting interviews and providing orientation and training for all new staff.
- Be on call from Friday 4:30pm to Monday 8:30am in a rotation with a Program Coordinator as back-up.
- Maintain positive and effective communication.
- Be caring, compassionate, patient, respectful and understanding.
- Ensure completion and secure storage of records and documentation following Agency policies and procedures and the Department of Families requirements.
- Organize and facilitate regular staff meetings, creating schedules, completing payroll, and maintain confidentiality.
- Ensuring that all required financial documents are completed and remitted on time; providing receipts for all purchases and report mismanagement of funds.
- Ensuring the home and appliances/equipment inside the home are maintained well, following fire safety regulations, ensuring the working alone policy is adhered to, and reporting and responding to unsafe conditions.
- Participate in basic maintenance and upkeep of each home, and must understand safe work practices and apply them to a home environment.
What are you bringing:
- Grade 12 Diploma (or equivalent); post-secondary education is preferred.
- Experience with supporting individual(s) with developmental disabilities is required.
- Having prior supervisory experience would be an asset.
- Valid First Aid/CPR Certificate.
- Clear Criminal Record Check with the Vulnerable Sector, Adult Abuse Registry Check, and Child Abuse Registry Check within the last three months.
- Valid Driver’s License and access to a reliable vehicle is an asset.
- NVCI (Non-Violent Crisis Intervention) Training Certification is an asset.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and oral), organizational skills, and the ability to work effectively in a team and minimal supervision are required.
What we offer:
- Casual dress
- Flexible schedule
- Dental Care
- Extended health care
- Life Insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Pension Plan
Interested? Apply now!
We thank all applicants for showing interest in joining Pulford; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.