Pulford Community Living Services is a not-for-profit community-based organization that provides housing and support to persons with developmental disabilities. We at Pulford encourage and facilitate the individual’s ability to live and grow in ways that the individual sees fit to the greatest possible extent.
We are currently seeking an Administrative Assistant to the Director of Organizational Development! Reporting to the Director of Organizational Development, this role is responsible for overseeing the administration of our Social Enterprises initiatives, Volunteer Program, assist in building community and public awareness of the organization, and assist with office management duties as required. This position is required to work Monday to Friday, 8:00am – 4:00pm, and must be flexible to work early, late or weekend shifts when called upon.
What will you be doing:
- Provides full administrative assistance to the Director of Organizational Development.
- Maintain Director’s appointment calendar by scheduling meetings; orders meeting refreshments and prepares conference room; attends all meetings, records, and distributes meeting minutes.
- Conserves Director’s time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents.
- Taking part in brainstorming sessions and suggesting innovative ideas.
- Assisting with the development and distribution of PR materials, including brochures, pamphlets, and videos.
- Answering phones, responding to emails and inquiries, and performing other administrative tasks.
- Assist in covering the front desk when the office manager is away.
- Handle all admin work related to fundraising, including working as a liaison between the accounting department and vendors to ensure payments are made on time and paperwork is complete.
- Manage the Donor Perfect Software Management data base by updating donor and volunteer information and ensuring all records are accurate.
- Create a calendar for outreach activities, including community events, workshops, appearances and other opportunities.
What are you bringing:
- Between 2-3 years of relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Ability to develop new and unique ways to improve operations of the organization and to create new opportunities;
- Strong organization skills, with the ability to set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details, data, information and activities;
- Ability to apply critical thinking, assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and/or resolve issues and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness;
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills;
- Versatility, flexibility and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm;
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organization.
Interested? Apply now!
Applications will be open until Monday, Jan. 17, 2022
We thank all applicants for showing interest in joining Pulford; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.