Team Lead – Residential
Full-time Permanent (40 hours per week)
Do you want to work in a position that can make a real difference in other people’s lives?
If so, Pulford Community Living Services Inc. may be exactly what you are looking for! We are a growing Agency in the Social Services sector. We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, motivated Team Lead who has a genuine interest to work in the field. We’ve been in operation since 1986, and are a proud not-for-profit community-based Agency that provides individualized support services for those living with an intellectual disability. If you are looking for a rewarding opportunity to work in a progressive Agency with a positive team and fulfilling work, we want to hear from you.
About the Role:
You will work collaboratively with the all levels of management, including HR, Program Supervisor, and Program Coordinator, to ensure the people supported are living as independently as possible, and the home is safe, clean and comfortable at all times. Reporting to the Program Supervisor, your responsibilities will involve a combination of providing direct support to people supported, and the mentoring of Direct Support Professionals and casual staff in their respective department. You may assist with some general administrative duties and will assist in training, guiding and mentoring employees in providing person-centered supports to people living with a developmental disability within the community, while ensuring efficient everyday operations of the home (facilities, equipment and staffing). This position requires flexible schedule including days, evenings and weekends.
The Team Lead will be responsible for supporting and demonstrating Pulford’s Mission, Vision and Values with a strong focus in these areas:
- Individual Support and Development
- Relationships and Community Involvement
- Staff Mentorship
- Financial Management
- Demonstrated Supervisory skills
- Strong and effective interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Effective communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to communicate with sensitivity, diplomacy and tact is essential
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Ability to coach and motivate the team
- Record of accomplishment as a Team Leader
- Ability to work independently and be an effective team-member
- Valid Class 5F driver’s license and a reliable vehicle
- Current First Aid Certification (Level C)
- Gender may be considered, due to the specific needs of the home
The successful candidate will be expected to provide the following documentation upon hire:
- Criminal Record Check (with Vulnerable Sector Search)
- Child Abuse Registry Check
- Adult Abuse Registry Check
To reduce wait times on employment, we suggest that all applicants apply ahead of time. Please be aware that obtaining these documents does not guarantee employment.
For further information:
What We Offer:
Pulford Community Living Services Inc. offers an empowering professional environment in a culture that fosters teamwork, independence, shared responsibility for company and service success and personal growth. We offer a competitive salary, along with an extensive employee benefit plan, and a comprehensive Pension Plan. In addition, employees are eligible for tuition reimbursement, and our employee referral incentive program.
All qualified and interested applicants are to submit a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org or apply on our website: http://pulford.ca/employment/winnipeg.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those identified for further consideration will be contacted.