Pulford Community Living Services Inc. has a long history of caring, engaged and productive employees, and we're looking for an experienced Human Resources Generalist to continue that tradition. The ideal candidate will have prior experience working in the Social Services sector that supports vulnerable people. You will have broad experience with all general HR practices with demonstrated experience with recruitment, and a thorough understanding of HR policy and procedures. This role will ensure staff and management's adherence to internal programs related to residential care licensing requirements, employee-relations, disability management, performance management, rewards and recognition, conflict resolution, and other internal programs. There is an excellent opportunity for developing and refining current systems. We are eager to find a seasoned HR Generalist who is a team player, easily connects with people, and has an exceptionally organized and detail-oriented mindset to handle the workforce's changing nature.
Objectives of this Role
- Participate in the recruitment, selection, and orientation process with a recruitment specialist's assistance that prepares employees for assignments by assisting with orientation and training programs.
- Assist, refine and help execute employee standards and procedures, use and improve existing HR programs, and make recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Support Management with all employee relations matters, including assisting or leading internal investigations and maintaining employee records.
- Identify and recommend areas of improvement to internal standard operating procedures, including team restructuring and morale
- Provide support to the Director of Human Resources in all general areas of HR
Duties and Responsibilities
Recruitment and Selection
- assists in human resource strategies, including human resource planning to meet the current needs and forecast future needs of the agency
- maintain an effective and efficient human resource system to meet the needs of management and employees, including working knowledge of HRIS systems.
- prepares various reports and submissions from HRIS systems
- oversees the recruitment and selection system that includes the development of a recruitment manual outlining guidelines, procedures and practices
- provides human resource input in the selection of management staff, including responsibility for interviewing applicants and participating in the selection of the successful candidate
- addresses potential organizational or recruitment issues that may emerge as a result of classification changes
- supports Health and Safety initiatives for the agency
- Assists with the new employee orientation program to foster positive attitudes toward organizational objectives
- ensure efficient human resource administration, including accurate and comprehensive employee records and producing and preparing HR reports
- organizes, delivers, updates and evaluates the orientation process for all new employees
Policy and Procedures
- Collaborates with the HR Director to ensure all employees are aware and have access to Pulford policy and procedures.
- Supports compliance with MB employment standards, labour laws, human rights laws, employment equity
- acts as a resource for input associated with strategic goals, human resource goals and assists in the development of policies and procedures and best practices for human resource and organizational purposes
Performance Evaluation and Wage Increments
- oversee the employee performance review program
- provide current and prospective employees with information about policies, job duties, working conditions, wages, opportunities for promotion and employee benefits and other internal programs
- motivate, develop, and direct staff as they work, identify the top talent for the job
- identifying the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills
- oversee the evaluation, classification and rating of occupations and job postings
- support special projects in employee engagement activities, pay equity and employee rewards and recognition, referral programs etc.
- provides consultation to management on practical performance management issues where required
- develops training/education plans to address deficiencies, disciplinary concerns as appropriate
- apply conflict resolution skills to mediate workplace conflict issues successfully
- communicates with all employees, both individually and in groups, to promote efficient functioning and high morale
- supports a respectful working environment conducive to effective working relationships with all staff
- adheres to the policies of the organization and consult/advise the Director of HR on departmental issues and developments
- performs administrative and other duties as required
- employees are expected to conduct themselves in a manner that fosters a spirit of cooperation and teamwork at all times
- ensure performance consistent with that expected of an experienced Human Resource Generalist in the area of consultation, communication and decision-making and taking ownership of the role and duties
- work effectively and cooperatively with co-workers and supervisors to provide the best possible care for individuals
- be a contributing member of the team, taking the initiative and accepting responsibility. Provide leadership at staff meetings, encouraging active participation and modelling problem-solving techniques
- maintain confidentiality, respecting the privacy of each individual and Pulford's operations when discussing your work, under the Pulford Code of Confidentiality
- interact with individuals, families, co-workers, and supervisors in an approachable, respectful manner
- flexibility - encourage new ideas, responsibilities and assignments
- ability to meet the emotional requirements of the position
- adhere and demonstrate a commitment to Pulford's Mission, Vision and Values.
Skills and Qualifications
- Post-secondary education in Human Resources Management or a combination of education and experience may be considered
- Min of 5 years in an HR Generalist or HR Manager role
- Exceptional communication skills, writing skills, interpersonal skills, and have an ethical mindset
- Adept at problem-solving and conflict resolution
- Decisive decision-making skills utilizing experience, reason and logic
- Extensive knowledge of HR policies and systems
- Demonstrated experience with using and producing reports with HRIS software, Applicant Tracking Systems and working knowledge of MS Office, MS Word and MS Excel
- Detail-oriented and exceptionally organized
- Knowledge of MB employment standards and labour laws
Pulford Community Living Services offers a dynamic professional environment in a culture that fosters teamwork, innovation, and personal growth. We offer a competitive salary, an extensive employee benefit plan, and a comprehensive pension plan. In addition, employees are eligible for our employee referral incentive program.
All interested applicants must apply online at http://www.pulford.ca/employment/apply, as well submit a resume, cover letter and salary expectations to:
Attention: John Lemire - Director of Human Resources
Deadline: March 12, 2021 @4:00pm
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those identified for further consideration will be contacted.